Thursday, April 16, 2009

Markings grab bag

There's no set theme to today's post, other than random things people see in their Paint's markings.

Continental Bailey, a 2008 bay overo mare owned by Dominick Sherman in Victor, Iowa, has a spot that looks like one of two things. "We had bought this little filly at a horse sale, and when we brought her home someone pointed out to me that she has a martini glass, with a face on the rim of the glass, on her left side," writes Amy Van Lancker.


I personally think it looks more like an airplane, but I'm not sure how to explain what's going on with the right wing. What do you think?

Riding in next is 1999 bay tobiano mare Sucha Lil Sugar. "Her right side has an image of an English saddle," writes 6-year-old Miranda Neadle of Discovery Bay, California, who owns the mare.


Danielle Stern of Cornelius, Oregon, has a heart-warming story to tell about her Paint, Yellowstone Splash, a 1999 sorrel overo mare.

" 'Roo Roo' is a Godsend," writes Danielle. "She has taught me so much about how to have a great relationship with your horse. She broke her leg in 2004, and because of our great friendship I had it repaired. Every time I look at her left side I'm reminded of how God does funny things. She has a cross on her left shoulder and a running Paint Horse head in front of, and on, her left hip."


I'm not sure I see the horse's head this morning, but I believe there's a kangaroo on Roo Roo's hip facing her tail.

I would have never thought about this next marking if Donald and Janet Wendt of Greenwood, Missouri, hadn't sent me their marking. "The upside-down cat head is on his right side, and the bulldozer blade is on his left side," writes Janet about their 5-year-old sorrel tobiano stallion Kiss My Biscuit.



No comments: